facilitated by Alexis Pauline Gumbs and featuring a “Been There” Interactive Genius Conversation with groundbreaking performer and scholar Omi Osun/Joni L. Jones
Join the Brilliance Remastered community the first week of December for an interactive webinar investigation of performance in relationship to community accountable intellectual work. Participants may be from any field (including performance studies) and will learn about performance practices from Audre Lorde’s Chorale Need, Omi Osun’s experiences with the Austin Project, and the shared experience of creating a multi-media cyber performance for our community about what we need as community accountable scholars.
Registration Due by Nov. 20th, 2012
Intensive dates: December 3,4,5,6 2012 (8:30-9:30pm, Eastern Time)
Fee: Sliding Scale $150-200
- “Need” by Audre Lorde,
- One Campus Guide to Performing “Need” edited by Alexis Pauline Gumbs
- Excerpts from Experiments in a Jazz Aesthetic by Omi Osun
- (all readings available via pdf and snail mail to registered participants)
- Send an email to email@example.com with your contact info (INCLUDING SNAIL MAIL ADDRESS) and what you hope to get out of the course.
- Send registration deposit of $25 to Eternal Summer of the Black Feminist Mind via paypal:
- Full registration fee is due by Dec 1, 2012